Business Address: 4554 Glenmeade Lane, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 USA
Work location: 200 Buchner Road, Welland ON L3B 5N4 (main entrance, 287 Silverthorn St. Welland ON L3B 5N4 (construction/emergency entrance)
Job Title: Construction Manager (NOC 0711)
Salary: $110,000 per annum, full time project based position (40 hours per week.
Benefits eligibility: Eligible for negotiable daily stipend where candidate is not based within a reasonable commuting distance from Welland, ON. Standard FEV Benefits- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, travel assistance program.
Eligible for annual discretionary bonuses and salary increases. Bonuses are based on the employee’s performance and the profitability of FEV and are paid in the second quarter of the year based on the previous calendar year. Must be an active employee when bonuses are paid in order to receive the bonus.
The Construction Manager is a hands-on role responsible for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the construction project with our client in the renewable energy sector. The Construction Manager will oversee the project according to client specifications including timelines and budget.
- Assist contractors in interpreting P&ID drawings, schematics, machine systems, electrical & controls schematics building layouts, and details for manufacturing and installation
- Support engineering activities for sizing of mechanical systems including pumps, blowers, heat exchangers, control valves, HVAC systems, etc.
- Conduct field studies, feasibilities and support installation aspects of value engineering exercises
- Work with project critical paths and management of the complete project support infrastructure to deliver on time and to the specification.
- Support Advanced Quality Planning exercises, documented Lessons Learned, and risk management techniques to provide closed loop continuous improvement of projects.
- Identify customer cost saving and technical enhancement opportunities at timely intervals within the project to offer optimal system performance and efficiency with minimal project timing impact.
- Control project quality across all layers of project deliverables by a) exploiting engineering solutions known to be robust and conventional, and b) identifying and micro-managing of high risk project content through various techniques.
- Supervise construction and installation activities to the specification with an eye toward early identification of problems.
- Initiate and maintain a comprehensive project open issues tracking document from contract award through warranty closure.
- Maintain MSProject critical path and project timing plan.
- Actively manage contractor time sheets and activities on site enforcing a no verbal orders mentality.
- Review and ensure proper submission of safe work plans, risk assessments, hot work permits and any other site specific safety protocol.
- Overall site office and construction manager
- Required to travel up to approximately 30% of the time, including travel to the US.
- Must be eligible and or able to secure a work permit and travel to and from the USA
- The project, and potentially the position, is expected to be completed prior to the end of 2019.
· Minimum 15 years of experience with:
o Manufacturing oversite and installation of PLC control and data acquisition systems
o Construction and or installation management with cross functional contractor teams (Rigging, MP&E, Structural, etc.) as large as 100 individuals
o Lead project responsibilities for projects in excess of $20M
· Demonstrated knowledge in six sigma and/or lean manufacturing concept
· Completion of secondary or vocational school required
· Understanding of complex controls architecture including remote I/O, AC drive, servo motor and fieldbus solutions – CAN, EtherCat, Ethernet IP, Mod Buss, TCP, HMI (Factory Talk View ME)
· Understanding of software architecture including ladder, structured text, function block, etc.
· Experience with ISO9000/9001, TE and quality management systems
· Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic system, transformers and high voltage cabling systems (MP&E)
· Experience with RS Guard Logics Safety PLC and Studio Version 5000.
Submit resume on-line at www.fev.com. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet.