Business Address: 4554 Glenmeade Lane, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 USA
Work location: 200 Buchner Road, Welland ON L3B 5N4 (main entrance, 287 Silverthorn St. Welland ON L3B 5N4 (construction/emergency entrance)
Job Title: Program Manager
Salary: $130,000 USD full time project based position (40 hours per week)
Benefits eligibility: Standard FEV Benefits- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, 401k, employee assistance program, travel assistance program.
Eligible for annual discretionary bonuses and salary increases. Bonuses are based on the employee’s performance and the profitability of FEV and are paid in the second quarter of the year based on the previous calendar year. Must be an active employee when bonuses are paid in order to receive the bonus.
Contact: Submit resume on-line at www.fev.com. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet.
The Program Manager is a hands-on role responsible for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the complete project with our client in the renewable energy sector. The Program Manager will oversee all of the FEV internal and external aspects of the project according FEV policies and client specifications including timelines and budget.
- Assist contractors in interpreting P&ID drawings, schematics, machine systems, electrical & controls schematics building layouts, and details for manufacturing and installation
- Support engineering activities for sizing of mechanical systems including pumps, blowers, heat exchangers, control valves, HVAC systems, etc.
- Conduct field studies, feasibilities and support installation aspects of value engineering exercises
- Work with project critical paths and management of the complete project support infrastructure to deliver on time and to the specification.
- Support Advanced Quality Planning exercises, documented Lessons Learned, and risk management techniques to provide closed loop continuous improvement of projects.
- Identify customer cost saving and technical enhancement opportunities at timely intervals within the project to offer optimal system performance and efficiency with minimal project timing impact.
- Control project quality across all layers of project deliverables by a) exploiting engineering solutions known to be robust and conventional, and b) identifying and micro-managing of high risk project content through various techniques.
- Supervise construction and installation activities to the specification with an eye toward early identification of problems.
- Initiate and maintain a comprehensive project open issues tracking document from contract award through warranty closure.
- Responsible for change control and change management
- Maintain MSProject critical path and project timing plan.
- Actively manage contractor time sheets and activities on site enforcing a no verbal orders mentality.
- Review and ensure proper submission of safe work plans, risk assessments, hot work permits and any other site specific safety protocol.
- Overall manager for complete project
- Required to travel up to approximately 30% of the time, including travel to the US.
- Must be eligible and or able to secure a work permit and travel to and from the USA
- The project, and potentially the position, is expected to be completed prior to the end of 2018.
- Minimum 15 years of experience with:
- Management and oversite of engineering through commissioning of fully automated loaded end of line engine test cells and turnkey automation systems with PLC control and Data Acquisition, including all sub-contractors from selection through final acceptance
- Construction and or installation management with cross functional contractor teams (Rigging, MP&E, Structural, etc.) as large as 100 individuals
- Lead project responsibilities for projects in excess of $20M, leveraging PMBOK training and disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge in six sigma and/or lean manufacturing concept
- Demonstrated management of Executive level reviews, both internally and externally, including written and oral communication and presentation preparation.
- Completion of Associates Degree or vocational school required
- Understanding of complex controls architecture including remote I/O, AC drive, servo motor and fieldbus solutions
- Understanding of software architecture including ladder, structured text, function block, etc.
- Experience with ISO9000/9001, TE and quality management systems
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic system, transformers and high voltage cabling systems (MP&E)