Would you like to make a contribution to a cleaner Ontario for the future? If so, do not miss this fantastic opportunity with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, where you will provide regional coordination and leadership in the development, delivery and monitoring of the ministry's renewable energy program.
Located approximately 700 kms North of Toronto and surrounding the Mattagami River in Northeastern Ontario, the City of Timmins (South Porcupine) offers a variety of natural, cultural and recreational diversions. Building on its solid industrial foundation, this growing community welcomes new business and offers ample opportunity. Fresh northern air, outdoor adventure and incredible hospitality awaits you in 'The City with a Heart of Gold'.
What can I expect to do in this role?
· provide program information, advice and recommendations to support ministry initiatives
· liaise with stakeholders, promoting cooperative partnerships to achieve renewable energy program goals and objectives
· participate in the evaluation of the impacts of the renewable energy program upon aquatic and terrestrial resources
· contribute to the development of performance measures and reporting criteria
· help develop communication plans and design and deliver renewable energy information to a variety of audiences
· support training for ministry staff
Location: 5520 Highway 101 East, South Porcupine, Ontario
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
· you have experience in resource management and land use planning
· you are familiar with and can apply related legislation, policies, theories and practices
· you have experience in the application for ecosystem-based management of aquatic and terrestrial resources
· you are knowledgeable about clean, renewable energy supplies and sources
· you are aware of the socio-economic aspects of renewable energy programs.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
· you have proven facilitation, mediation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to develop and gain support from a variety of partners, clients and staff, using tact and discretion
· your communication skills are well developed so you can make recommendations and presentations, respond to media/public inquiries and write reports and briefing notes
· you have well developed interpersonal and influencing skills to interact with clients to articulate ministry objectives and promote renewable energy programs
· you have demonstrated leadership skills to provide guidance and direction to staff and planning teams
· you can identify, develop and implement strategies and plans to implement the renewable energy program and resolve problems
· you can interpret renewable energy and other relevant program policies, procedures and guidelines for management, staff and clients
· you have leadership skills to work harmoniously and address contentious and sensitive issues
Project Management and Analytical Skills:
· you have the ability and experience in planning and can coordinate regional level renewable energy work plans
· you have proven analytical skills and can lead and conduct analysis and provide input into initiatives
· you have a valid Class G driver’s licence as recognized in the Province of Ontario
Salary range: $1,201.01 – $1,730.60 per week
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 78466 by June 8, 2015. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.