Senior Policy Advisor
Are you interested in helping lead the development and implementation of policies and regulations related to electricity supply and pricing in Ontario? If so, then put your leadership skills and knowledge of the energy sector to use in this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Energy.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide leadership, coordination and technical advice on policy initiatives
• participate in the preparation of policy recommendations based on research and analysis
• providing briefings to senior decision-makers
• provide support to the Minister's Office on industry issues
• play a key role in consulting and liaising with internal and external stakeholders and associations
• represent the ministry on various corporate committees and working groups
How do I qualify?
Policy development skills:
• You have an understanding of public sector policy development processes.
• You have experience applying policy analysis tools and techniques.
• You have experience developing performance measures to effectively assess the impact of policies and programs.
Research and analytical skills:
• You have knowledge of research techniques and methodologies to identify appropriate data sources.
• You have analytical skills to analyze qualitative and quantitative data and evaluate the potential impacts of proposed policies.
• You have oral communication and presentation skills to simplify complex data/concepts and discuss policy options, strategies and issues with senior decision-makers.
• You have written communication and computer skills to prepare a variety of tools, resources and briefing materials for senior management.
• You have interpersonal and relationship management skills to build partnerships and work collaboratively with other government partners and with industry stakeholders.
• You have a broad knowledge of the energy industry.
• You have knowledge of the issues and priorities related to generation and market operations in Ontario's electricity sector.
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation related to the energy sector.
Salary Range: $73,769 - $107,220 per year
- 1 Permanent, 77 Grenville St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, November 17, 2016, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 99602 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.